Personal 2019 year review
End of the year is a good time to think back and see how everything worked out. Today I plan to go through the things that happened to me this year, what worked out and what was a total wreck. What did happen this year then (in no particular order)?
- Started working at Butter where I build Data Science solutions and analytics,
- Acquired a certificate from DataCamp: Data Scientist with Python,
- Passed certification as a Tableau Data Scientist,
- Published two papers to international conferences on Rough Mereology,
- Started a blog in february… and still running!
- Participated in two Python related conferences,
- Found a new raiding guild in World of Warcraft - Evo,
- Spent a lot of time on wedding preparations (church, services, etc),
- Started going regularly to the swimming pool,
- First time since middle school I am not overweight 💪🏻.
Not everything went as planned tho, but it is important to learn from mistakes:
- Didn’t get a B+R grant regarding 3d model generation project with a friendly company,
- Didn’t find enough time to publish my app idea to startup heroes,
- Didn’t find enough motivation to further pursue my PhD,
- Didn’t find enough time to further polish my guitar skills.
Goals for year 2020
I always tend to find some goals that I want to pursue in the next year. My selection for 2020:
- Learn Spanish on a communicative level,
- Release my first bigger personal project (API + mobile apps),
- Get married 🤵🏻👰🏻.
Have a great new year!