Personal 2020 year review
Year 2020... What can I say? This was a shitstorm. As you might know, due to Covid, a lot of plans went down the drains for everyone. Let's find out how 2020 was for me. Go go go go.
Focusing on the good things!
- Took part in the Hack the Crisis hackathon that was all about helping surviving Covid,
- Took part in the Smart Vote hackathon where I met new amazing people,
- Went kayaking into the Podlasie wilderness,
- Started my first alcohol creation (mead),
- I (partially) learned how to ride a horse at Linowo stables,
- Got a nice portion of web development practice in Python,
- Finally got the strength to quit my University job and drop out PhD that wasn't making me happy,
- Started work at Merixstudio as a Python Software Developer,
- Still running the blog!
What didn't work out
- Our wedding got cancelled due to Covid - everything got closed a month before,
- I stopped any organized sports, due to the swimming pool being closed,
- Social life was a not a thing... but I think I played the most Warcraft since high school,
- Still didn't touch my guitar...
- I lost contact with some people that have their priorities wrong.
Goals for year 2021
- Get married 🤵🏻👰🏻 - take two!
- Release my first bigger personal project (this time I at least already started),
Have a better year 2021 than this one!